10.03.2012

Summery Knit Wrap

Yarn:
  • 2 balls Patons Lacette in "Hint of Rose" (235yds, 39% Nylon/36% Acrylic/25% Mohair) or any fine yarn (size 2).

  • 2 balls Patons Allure in "Ruby" (47yds, 100% Nylon) or any bulky yarn (size 5).
Needles: Size 11
Cast on stitches according to how wide you'd like the wrap to be. To involve less thinking, use a number that can be divided by 3 but not 6. For example, the wrap I made is 57 stitches wide. This way, every row starts with k3.
Ready? Take a deep breath, this can be tricky...
Row 1: k3, p3 across.
Rows 2-??: Repeat row 1.
Basically, you knit the last row's knit stitches and purl the purls. This gives the wrap a nice wavy texture without being complicated. Just pop on Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth version of course!) and go to town. Even if you miscount here and there (not that I would EVER do that!), it's hard to notice. This is a very forgiving project!
Change yarns wherever you'd like a stripe. I recommend a minimum of 4 rows with the bulky yarn at a time. I also made the stripes an even number of rows and didn't tie off the main color; I just knitted the main color with the bulky for just the first stitch of each row on that side. Since the Allure is all fuzzy, it hid it perfectly.
That's pretty much it. My wrap ended up being about 5 1/2 feet long. I made it for my younger sister and wanted it to reach from fingertip to fingertip without much stretching.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment