10.03.2012

Switcharoo Skelt

The Switcharoo Skelt (Scarf/Belt) (Yes, I know it should TECHNICALLY be spelled "Scelt" but I like the way the "k" looks and it's my pattern and I can name it whatever I want. So, ner.) can be worn as a scarf, a belt, or a headband. I made it for my niece, the Energizer Bunny, who turned eight years old in August.

One of these days I will send them their gifts on time! Honest!

Yarn: 1 skein Serenity Sock Yarn (Premier Yarns; 50% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Bamboo, 25% Nylon; 230 yards), or superfine yarn of your choice.

Hook: US size C/2

Stitches: chain (ch), no-turn-chain double crochet (ntcdc), double crochet (dc)

For an explaination of the ntcdc, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxYpo-tyi8

The NTCDC counts as the first stitch of each row. If that stitch isn't working out for you, replace with "ch 3" throughout the pattern.

Foundation: Chain 22.

Row 1: NTCDC, dc in last ch. Dc in next ch. *Skip 2 ch, 3 dc in next 3 ch. Ch 2. 3 dc in next 3 ch.* Repeat from * to * once. Skip 2 ch, dc in next ch. 2 dc in last ch. Turn. [22 sts]

Rows 2 thru desired length: NTCDC, dc in first dc. Dc in next dc. *Skip 2 dc, 3 dc in next 3 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc in next 3 dc.* Repeat from * to * once. Skip 2 dc, dc in next dc. 2 dc in ntcdc. Turn. [22 sts]

This works up quickly despite the super fine-ness of the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment